Pakistani Bloggers

April 16, 2011

Happy Meal

In all fairness to McDonald's, they aren't the only ones dishing out monetary support to Israel. Just picked them for the poem because its easier to rhyme with Micky Dee menu items.

Lying underneath the Golden Arches,
The other day as I passed them by,
Lay the bullet-ridden body of a dying Palestinian child.
"Let me get help!" I cried,
"Hang in there awhile!"
But he shook his head
And bade me sit by his side.
"In a minute I'll be dead,
So I don't have much time.
Friend, hear me well
And let the world know.
You thought it was no big deal,
When you bought that Upsized Meal.
But the meat you wrestle down your throats
Comes from the human slaughterhouses of Gaza.
So the next time you're enjoying a McNugget,
Remember, friend, I ain't lovin' it."


1 comments:

RijaR said...

It hits me a little harder in particular, because I am currently reading a book on this same subject.
Well written Faysal. The ending just does it for me.
I shall once again, spread it like wild fire! :P

Post a Comment

NO flaming or any vulgar comments

 
Copyright © 2010 Faysy's blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by